Check Engine Light (CEL)
- Your gas cap isn’t on tight enough; we suggest checking before calling us.
- Your engine ingested water somewhere
- The spark plugs are not functioning correctly
- Your vehicle is misfiring (this one can destroy your catalytic converter very quickly)
- Your vehicle is emitting high levels of pollutants
- Transmission Issues (believe it or not a transmission fault causes the engine light to come on)
In any case, you should bring your vehicle to us, and we can inspect your vehicle, diagnose the problem, and take care of it. Ignoring your engine light can cause serious problems with your car in the long run damaging very expensive components leading to very costly repairs.
A check engine light appointment goes pretty fast, so stop by or give us a call.