**Updated on May 18, 2020**
Cabin Air Filter and Coronavirus Protection
Will replacing your cabin air filter help protect you against Coronavirus? People have continued to ask us this question on a weekly basis and in response, Auto Care Plus owner, John Manelas has wrote a blog all about it. Click the link to read about the benefits of a brand new cabin air filter, https://www.autocareplus.com/blog/2020/05/18/cabin-air-filter-and-coronavirus-protection/.
A Word from Auto Care Plus
Here at Auto Care Plus & Euro Care Plus, the health and well-being of our valued customers and staff are always our highest priority. We recognize the vital role our business plays in providing an essential service to the community and I wanted to take this time to share with you the measures we are taking to protect everyone in our facilities as much as humanly possible while we navigate this rapidly evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation together.
Barry checking in from Manchester… 15% off any service (max savings of $125) for essential workers. 👩🏽⚕️👨🏻⚕️👮🏼👨🏻🔧👩🏾🔬👨🏼🌾🚛🚑
Posted by Auto Care Plus on Wednesday, March 25, 2020
We have always provided an after-hours drop off box out front for your convenience. This has granted customers with some options for those whose schedules don’t allow for being at our shop during regular business hours. This service as always is available to you 24 hours a day.
During regular business hours, you can call our office to schedule the drop off of your vehicle at any time.
To use the drop box simply take an envelope from the drop box, fill out the information, place your keys into the envelope, seal it up, and slide it into the slot. It will be safely secured in our alarmed facilities. Be sure to sign the bottom of the envelope to give us permission to work on your vehicle. We will prepare any other necessary paperwork for your approval via the phone, text, or internet – thereby allowing an expedited and trouble free drop off. Once we have received your keys, we can send you a notification via text, email or call to reassure you of the receipt of your vehicle.
As always, we are providing a concierge service where we can come to your home or workplace to pick up your vehicle and bring it to our shop. Upon completion of your desired maintenance services, we can either return your vehicle to you or have you pick it up at your convenience. We can arrange payment details via phone or text and secure your keys in the vehicle for pickup.
Cleaning & Sanitizing
Our goal is to take all the steps necessary to ensure the safety of our employees and our customers by following the guidelines issued by the federal government meant to limit the spread of germs and the virus.
1. As always, we strive to have a clean environment, yet during this time, we are working with our team to perform more frequent and extended cleaning of surfaces after customer visits. Cleaning the steering wheels, door handles, knobs and all touch points both before and after servicing your vehicle.
2. We are instructing anyone who feels sick to stay home, and have implemented time-off measures to give our staff the flexibility and pay they need to stay home and get well.
3. We continue to share information with our team on the best ways to keep themselves and our customers safe and healthy through measures such as hand sanitization.
4. We have distributed numerous soap and hand sanitizers throughout the shops to allow our customers and employees to clean their hands more frequently.
5. As always our technicians are wearing gloves when working on your vehicle but additionally will be utilizing gloves during any and all driving of your vehicle.
6. Our loaner vehicles will be disinfected and cleaned before and after every use.
Education & Preparation
Accurate information is the cornerstone of our business. In that light, our team is meeting daily to discuss updates in the current health environment and how to best operate through this ever-changing situation. Additionally, we are working closely with suppliers to ensure the parts you want are available when your vehicle needs them, so we continue operating as usual.
We want to thank you for your support, understanding, and help in keeping everyone safe during this sensitive time. As always, together, we will keep our community thriving and moving forward.
The Center for Disease Control, is regularly updating the resources below with timely and factual information about COVID-19:
We are committed to continuing regular communication as more information becomes available. There are currently no plans for facility closures at this time. We are dedicated to making sure that our working environments remain a safe and healthy place for all of our customers and staff.
Here are some other important facts regarding the virus that you may find valuable:
The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can you know if you are infected? By the time you have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% fibrosis.
Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning: Take a deep breath and hold it for more than 10 seconds. If you do this successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, there is no fibrosis in the lungs; it basically indicates no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.
Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don’t drink enough water regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and then the lungs. That’s very dangerous.
Please send and share this with family and friends. Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon.
- If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold.
- Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
- This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees C. (About 77 degrees F.) It hates the Sun.
- If someone sneezes with it, it goes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
- If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours – so if you come into contact with any metal surface, wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
- On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
- Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
- Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but – a lot can happen during that time – you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
- You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
- Can’t emphasize enough – drink plenty of water!